Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Anonymous

             Sheila did not know where to sit at first when she got to the AA meeting.  The group ended up putting the chairs in a circle and introducing themselves.  When they got to her, she said, "Hi I am not really an alcoholic but I wanted to come to this meeting because I have another addiction which is trying to please people and use people to get attention for myself."
            "Hi, Sheila," said the group leader.  "this is an open meeting so you are welcome to be here but this is a group for alcoholics and that is not really the kind of addiction that we are here to help with."
            "Honestly," said another member to Sheila, "I take offense to your using the group that way."
            "Well for me it is a big problem, the way I just sign up for everything and do  a lot of volunteer work to impress others," said Sheila.
            "I don't understand how you could come here and compare that to what we have to deal with," said another group member.
            People seemed to be getting mad, so Sheila decided to leave.
           "I am going to leave," she said, "but before I do, do you guys mind posing for a picture for my facebook page?"

No comments:

Post a Comment