Thursday, October 7, 2021

two poems about the same topic

 prayers for the well

 

doesn't every girl want to be the dame in the movie who faints,

and every guy the wounded soldier being tended to?

I will not take for granted 

that things I took for granted are gone.

Between winces and sighs,

and sinces and whys,

I'll defiantly spend my credit

that surely I get for this pain

on praying up some blessings 

for the ones not sick but sane.

For everyone still living life and sinning and forgiving

I'll use my tears and pained arears

to bless the lands of living.

Why not? As thank you prayers

for when I was like that too,

with wishes, wants, and hopes, and cares,

and begged for dreams come true.

So now when nightmares haunt me here

and health is shaky, filled with fear,

I'll keep in mind requests for all

who find their life an easy call

Why shouldn't they each get a boost

from prayers that no one thought be loosed

Some coins are for the pinball games,

to ease the loss of health and names.

but some are going straight in wells

for all the well, til heaven's hell

and we are singing, well well well.

 

Prayer Power

 

"pray for my mom, she's crying and dying,"

well you should know without me lying

That God must hear the most from those

who suffer pains while in repose

So patient, I will say to thee

That she should think to pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment